It was a bright Saturday and I had to meet one of my friends at 3. I woke up at 12 only to realize I am not going to make it. When I called him up, he suggested me the best option was to stay at home and relax. I was so disappointed that I turned on to Fever 104FM and started continuing my household chores.
Thanks to Anurag Pandey and his beautiful interview with Sunil Shetty. It kept me occupied for a while. But as soon as I thought of tuning into some other station, I got to know there would be RJ Urmin‘s show Fever Unplugged with one and only Udit Narayan. I had been his fan since I first heard “Ho gaya hain tujhko” and “Jaadu Teri Nazar”
Hearing all those classics once again from Udit Narayan #unplugged was a delight to my ears. Here are the top songs which he shared over radio. I am sure, any music lover would fall in love with these tracks once again.
1. The legendary “Papa Kehte Hain” song from “Qayamat se Qayamat tak”
2. Who can forget the magical DDLJ Songs “Mehendi Lagake Rakhna” and “Ho Gaya hain tujhko”
3. The beauty of falling in love for the first time was beautifully captured in “Pehla Nasha Pehla Khumaar” from the movie “Jo Jeeta Wahi Sikandar”
4. The beautiful all time evergreen title track of “Kuch Kuch Hota Hain”
5. Yet another beautiful composition by AR Rahman in the voice of Udit Ji from “Dil Se” “Aye Ajnabi”
6. Who can forget the onscreen chemistry of Salman and Aishwarya in this song from “Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam”
7. “Ghar se Nikalte hi” song from Papa Kehte Hain
8. The beautiful retro number which was sung by Udit ji and his son Aditya Narayan from the movie Akele Hum Akele Tum
9. Yet another beautiful track from the movie Rangeela “Kya Karen Kya Na Karen”
10. I am sure most of them must have heard this track over and over when the movie Gadar Ek Prem Katha was released in 2001. “Udja Kaale Kanwa”
11. “O ri Chori” and “Mitwa” can anyone forget these 2 numbers from “Lagaan”. Once again the awesome piece of work by ARR and Udit Ji.
12. The evergreen collaboration of Udit Ji and Alka Yagnik in Dil Chahta Hain for the song “Jaane Kyon” speaking of pros and cons of falling in love.
13. Who can forget Hritik Roshan in Fiza dancing for the tunes of “Aaja Mahiya”
14. Udit Ji’s voice and SRK on screen. Too much of awesomeness to deal with. The songs from Veer Zaara (Main Yahan Hoon), Darr (Jaadu teri nazar) and Dil To Pagal Hain (Bholi si surat) are perfect all time numbers on any radio stations.
I hope you have enjoyed listening to all these songs as much as I did. I know the melody of Udit Narayan cannot be summed up in just 14+ songs but as the title says it is a small tribute to my fav singer through this blog post of mine. Thanks to my friend who asked me to stay back at home instead of making it to his home and missing this beautiful show by RJ Urmin.
Comments are most most welcome.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Have a great day!!!!
Lots of love and hugs,