Pinterest is a great app, especially if someone wants to skim through millions of quotes on a day-to-day basis. I usually keep scrolling the entire dashboard of Pinterest atleast twice a day. One such quote caught my attention off late. It read
Our generation thinks “It’s cool not to care”
It’s not. Effort is cool. Caring is cool. Staying loyal is cool. Try it out
For a second, I was awestruck. Because in today’s generation as the quote says everyone is high on the word “COOL”.
- It’s cool to be in a relationship even when you are not ready for it.
- It’s cool to break up when you feel that the other person is quite difficult to handle.
- It’s cool to walk away and be rude in the name of “I am being ME” because you know you do not have the patience to deal with things.
- It’s cool to be not kind and act like a indecisive person even when you know several others are depending on you.
How many times have we cursed someone for not showing up when required?
How many times have you been ditched in your dream projects when all you ever wanted was efforts to be equi-distributed?
We often get into relationships only when we feel we are too lonely. We take care of someone only when we are obliged to do that. We swap into multiple roles all at once in the name of cool and then get derailed from the real purposes of our life. Why is it that staying loyal to your own ethics is so hard? Why committing yourself towards success is so old schooled? Why only partying, chilling out and smoking up is considered as swag or cool?
Is it what the society demands us to be or is it something we have imbibed it into our own skins in the name of “I’M COOL”.
I leave it up to you… to take a call on what is cool and what is not.
But someday if you have some time, why not try to change the way you take things.
- Try to show some unconditional love towards someone, even when you know the other person is eventually not going to give you the same kind of reaction from the other side.
- Try to go for a long walk and help someone and show some care by lending your ears. He might turn out to be a very big talkative person who would talk talk and simply talk for hours together. But if you mute the entire conversation and watch only his body language you might find how lonely is the other person and all he wants to do is to just put out his feelings outside.
- Set a goal for yourself. However small it might seem, just set a goal for yourself and try working towards it. Stay loyal to your dreams and keep working one step towards it each day. Eventually you will be amazed at how cool it might seem, when you track back your progress after 100 days. Stop giving excuses that I don’t have time and hence I am unable to blog. I don’t have time to work on my dream project. Everything is just a trick played by your mind to avoid the big picture.
- It is cool to distance yourself from energy draining vampires.
It is cool to walk out from the lives of people who no longer serve a purpose in your life.
It is cool to not answer every fucking email that comes to your mailbox.
It is cool to prioritize your happiness and mental peace before every fucking “other” person in your life. Place “I” before every other person in this world. And remember it is not being selfish. It is called “self-care”
It is cool to work on your projects while maintaining a happy work life balance.
It is cool to get your financial statements always on check.
It is cool to take your parents for a vacation and give your time and energy to them.
It is cool to take your loved ones for a medical check up and ensure their well being is taken care of.
It is cool to take the most difficult path of letting go of your ego for someone who is worth every sunshine in this world.
It is cool to quit the high paying job and take up something which your heart always craves for.
Why don’t we shift our perspectives and try to channelize our energy towards something meaningful.
As the quote says “Effort is cool.”
Writing Prompt Source: Daily Post