My name is Ambika and I am from Mumbai which is the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. Prior to this, I was in Bangalore – Silicon Valley of India for about eight long years. My curiosity to explore new states brought me to Mumbai in 2019 and since then there is no turning back.
I started writing blogs just to be called as a blogger. Very soon, unconsciously I was caught up competing myself with other bloggers at WordPress. I understood quite late that it’s the quality of blog which matters than the quantity. I stopped running behind the number of blog posts, engagement and various other metrics and focused on perfecting the art of writing.
I now, spend around 80% of my time reading a variety of books and spend the rest 20% in writing. I have come a long way from writing my first shabby ugly post to what I am writing today. And I am proud of myself. I have made gazillion mistakes and have learnt so many best practices from my fellow blogger friends like Rarasaur and Chronicles of Anglo Swiss, Cristian Mihai and many others.
I have not deleted any of my ugly posts because I want to make other budding bloggers see that nobody gets it right in the beginning.
Here is my evolution
- My First Post – Life is Beautiful With Love
- 10th Post – I Love You Steve (3)
- 50th Post – Theatre – An Introduction
- 100th Post – Reading is Sexy!
- 200th Post – Fourth Wall
- 300th Post – The Smartest Thing A Woman Can Learn
- 350th Post – 20 Things I Learnt After Reading 2107 Pages
- Recent Post – Bye Bye Chinese Apps… Now What?
It’s only after writing one blog post after another I have refined. I started writing here about my daily life in Bangalore and have now graduated to writing about stuff that bothers the common man in India. Unlike other bloggers, I do not have a fixed frequency of posting. I still have to learn the art of blogging consistently. However, I have now made a point of writing one paragraph each day before retiring to bed. This habit has allowed me to publish one post every week. [It’s strange how small habits can totally change your entire game]
Finally, I would like to thank every reader like you who took time from the busy noisy social media landscape and ended up here. It’s because of your support, that we bloggers are still alive. A little motivation from you goes a long way. It helps us in ways you could have never imagined. So a big heartfelt thanks to you! I love you!
Do follow me on my social media handle(s) and let’s stay in touch.